Doctors on Darling will be soon launching electronic prescriptions, or “eScripts”.
Click here for an informative video on receiving your scripts electronically.
We are offering face to face appointments, telehealth consultations and Influenza vaccination clinics.
We will triage you prior to offering an onsite appointment and you can expect to be asked questions such as:
• Have you travelled overseas or interstate within the last 21 days?
• Have you been in contact with anyone who is known or suspected as having COVID-19?
• Are you currently experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath?
Should you answer yes, to any of the above questions, we will most likely recommend that you have a telehealth consult with your usual or preferred doctor. If the doctor suspects that your symptoms are related to COVID-19, they will arrange for testing to be undertaken.
Please do not attend the practice without a scheduled appointment and please arrive only at the specified time and do not attend with family members. To ensure that we adhere to social distancing, we are limiting the number of people waiting inside the surgery at any given time.
Government funded flu vaccines are now in stock.
Eligibility for a government funded flu vaccines includes:
* Patients aged over 65 year * Patients aged under 5 years * Pregnant women * Patients with chronic illness
Please call our reception team on 8068 2490 to book an appointment.
Appointment for the flu vaccine only will be bulk billed for patients with a valid Medicare Card
Please book your appointment by calling 02) 8068 2490.
Appointments for a flu vaccine only will be bulk billed, the cost of the vaccine is additional.
We are expecting the governemnt funded vaccine to arrive early April.
Government funded Flu vaccines are available for:
* all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over * all children aged 6 months to less than 5 years of age * all individuals aged 5 years and over with medical risk conditions, such as:
* cardiac disease, including cyanotic congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure * chronic respiratory conditions, including suppurative lung disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and severe asthma * other chronic illnesses requiring regular medical follow up or hospitalisation in the previous year, including diabetes mellitus, chronic metabolic diseases, chronic renal failure, and haemoglobinopathies * chronic neurological conditions that impact on respiratory function, including multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, and seizure disorders * impaired immunity, including HIV, malignancy and chronic steroid use
* children aged 6 months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy * pregnant women * people aged 65 years and over
When making an appointment to see one of our Doctors, please ensure that you let the reception team know, if you have recently returned from China or have been in recent contact with someone who has recently returned from China. This allows us to isolate you from the waiting room and provide appropriate care for all our patients.
The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) may cause supply interruptions of some medications. Doctors on Darling recommend that you ensure that you have current prescriptions for all regular medications. It is suggested that you have at least 1-3 months supply on hand.
Doctors on Darling is very pleased to welcome Dr Sarah Saw back to the team, after living overseas for few years.
Dr Saw will be available on Mondays, Wednesdays and alternate Saturdays.